Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Books you remember

There are many books I remember reading when I was younger. Books I still have & think of fondly. They've usually been read several times at least.

The Mary Stewart books of Merlin and Arthur--
THE CRYSTAL CAVE
THE HOLLOW HILLS
THE LAST ENCHANTMENT &
THE WICKED DAY

Never could read GONE WITH THE WIND but adored Kathleen E Woodiwiss'
ASHES IN THE WIND
Another past historical romance love is Laurie McBain's
MOONSTRUCK MADNESS. 
The heroines in both of these books were characters who had traits I wanted to emulate. Strong heroines.

All of these books are still on my shelves. Since growing older the books that truly reach me, to the point where they pop into my head at the oddest times, are more rare. To date those books are:

THE MEMOIRS OF PONTIUS PILATE Checked this out from the library many moons ago. Wish I owned it.

DEAR AND GLORIOUS PHYSICIAN - What's not to love about Taylor Caldwell

GREEN DARKNESS--Anya Seton captured my imagination with this, my first "paranormal".

Jacqueline Susann...love all her books

But most recently it's been:

HAUSFRAU-Jill Alexander Essbaum -- broke my heart and I still think of that lil' guy.

THE SHAPE OF SNAKES & DISORDERED MINDS, both by Minette Walters. Every time I read her, she makes me look at people differently for a while. What's under that surface you present to the world?

and likely the one I'm about to finish shortly,
NOT HER DAUGHTER by Rea Frey.....My review on this one will be out sometime this week.

So, what books have touched y'all?  Any of mine on your list? Let's talk books!




No comments:

Post a Comment