- I’m not going to a nudist colony
- I’m not going to become a millionaire
- I’m not getting a coffee enema
- I’m not getting back in shape
- I’m not going to start a band
- I’m not walking the Great Wall of China
- I’m not going to run for public office
- I’m not going to quit work
Pithy and humorous were the first words that sprang to mind while reading this fun lil book.
Why do we do these things to ourselves? Bucket Lists are self-induced lil stress lists. I’m all for going for what you want, bettering yourself, being adventurous and what not, but often these lists are filled with things there’s not a snowball’s chance of achieving, doing, etc…Hang that.
While being laugh inducing THE *$%# LIST also makes a valid point: Live in today, the now. Take advantage of what’s in front of you, available to you. Don’t waste valuable time pining for the unattainable or some lofty future goal. The life best lived is one that’s lived for the day, making the most of the now.
THE %#$& IT LIST does what humor often does best, entertains and teaches (even if not always intentionally). The laughter makes the lesson palatable and the brevity makes it easy to carry along and read whenever you have two minutes to rub together.
Enjoy, and start your own $#&* List…J